(818) 280-4898 |

International Sutdents

WELCOME | 欢迎 | ողջույն | WILKOMMEN | خوش آمدید | BIENVENIDOS | willkommen | स्वागत | בברכה

The International College of Beauty Arts and Sciences invites qualified students from around the world to enroll in our state-of-the-art carrier college, conducted at our beautiful and ultra-modern facilities in Los Angeles, California.

At international College of Beauty Arts and Sciences you will learn the most advanced techniques for skin care, esthetician, nail technology, makeup artistry, and acting which will place you in the top ranks of professionals when you choose to pursue your career.

While studying with us, you will meet and form life-long friendships with fellow students, both American and international, who have goals similar to yours. You will spend your spare time in one the world’s most exciting cities, with access to all it has to offer: Miles of sunny beaches – beautiful snow-capped mountains – mysterious deserts – and of course, every type of cultural attraction from rock concerts and sporting events to world-class museums and live theater. Not to forget, city of stars Hollywood, Santa Monica, Santa Barbara, Disneyland, and Universal Studios which are about an hour from the collage. ICBAS will provide transportation and make sure to make your visit to these exciting locations a memorable one.

Another benefit to start your career in the beauty field at The International College of Beauty Arts and Sciences may well be the opportunity to improve your English language skills, since all classes are conducted in English.
We look forward to helping you in your pursuit of a fulfilling career that will last a lifetime.


There are three types of International Student applicants who may qualify for admission to The International College of Beauty Arts and Sciences



Those who are neither American citizens nor permanent residents of the United States in possession of a current M-1 Visa

**If you don’t have an M-1 Visa, the International College of Beauty Arts and Sciences will support your application for an M-1 Visa by issuing you a Form I-20, once you have been accepted in one of our programs.

Form I-20, is an official government form and it can only be submitted to the government by the school. Without the Form I-20, it is not possible to obtain an M-1 Visa.

M-1 Visa is specifically issued to international students of vocational and technical schools. The U.S. Department of State maintains a website (click here) outlining current requirements for this type of visa.


Please visit Student Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) to learn more (click).


Those who are currently studying at another accredited school under approved M-1 visa and wish to transfer to (ICBAS) The International College of Beauty Arts and Sciences


Those who are already in the United States with a different type of visa and wish to change to an M-1 visa







The first step of your registration is to complete the following form (click here for PDF application)


Goal / Enrollment


Must have a clear beauty career goal set and be willing to enroll in full time in one, or more, of the following courses: Cosmetology, Barbering, Esthetician, Manicuring, Makeup Artistry, Modeling, and acting.


Letter of intent


A letter of intention which shows your interest in becoming a student in International College of Beauty Art and Sciences (ICBAS)

You may find a sample of “letter of intent” by Googling


Copy of Passport


Copy of current passport valid for travel to the United States and with a validity date of at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the United States.


Pay the fees


Pay $100 USD for I-20 application to college. Payments are acceptable if paid either by credit card, international money order, or wire transfer. The 100 USD is nonrefundable and also different from $200 USD fee which should be paid to Department of Homeland Security for I-901 application.


Personal references


Two personal references including address, phone number and email address


Financial capability


Applicant needs to show proof that she/he has enough financial capability to support her/himself during his/her stay in the USA.

If the applicant is supporting the course fees then he/she needs to provide the college with the last 3 months original bank statements with bank stamp as well as the financial certification duly signed and stamped by bank (see form attached).

If the applicant is sponsored by parents then parents need to provide college with their latest 3 months bank statements duly stamped by bank along with the bank certification signed and stamped by bank as well as the salary certificate.

College also needs parents (sponsor) to fill the financial certification of sponsor and send it along with other documents.

Applicants must pay 50% of the tuition of the course they have chosen prior to traveling to the USA.




I-20 in the Mail


After receiving your I-20 which will be mailed from college office in USA, you will be required to pay a fee, currently $200 USD, for the SEVIS I-901 application. Please visit SEVIS website for any updated information in regards of I-901 fees and payment procedure

You must pay the fee directly to SEVP (, as mandated by the Department of Homeland Security. The international College of Beauty Arts and Sciences WILL NOT ACCEPT payments for THIS APPLICATION.


Visit U.S Embassy


You must visit or call U.S Embassy or Consulate in your home country. Each U.S embassy and consulate has a web site linked to



**Please note that it will be at sole discretion of immigration officer to grant you a student visa.


Move to USA


After getting your visa you are ready to move to The USA and start your course. It is important that you send us your travel dates including arrival and start dates.


More info?


If you should need more information please email


Do Continuing students have to pay the $200 fee?

  • Do Continuing students have to pay the $200 fee?

    Continuing students must pay the $200.00 fee when:

    They file an application for reinstatement when they have been out of status for more than five months.
    They apply for a new visa or return to the United States after an absence of five months that did not involve authorized overseas study.

    They file an application for a chance of status to an F, M, or J classification (except for changes between F-1 and F-3, or M-1 and M3).

I-901 Fee Information When must I pay the fees for I-901?

  • I-901 Fee Information When must I pay the fees for I-901?

    The fee must be paid at least three business days prior to your visa interview.
    How will the government know I have paid for I-901?

    Your payment will be recorded in SEVIS. You should also bring copies I-797 or the internet-generated receipt to your visa interview.

Student Housing

  • Student Housing

    For international students who will need local housing while studying for their degree in cosmetology, The International College of Beauty Arts and Sciences recommends Universal Student Housing . This long-established service connects international students with local families, with whom they reside while studying in the United States.

    For more information, or to apply for a home stay through Universal Student Housing, visit

When do I pay the fee?

  • How do I pay the fee?

    For I-20 application school charges $100 which can be paid via credit card, international money order, or wire transfer. Non-refundable.Note: You must have your I-20 before completing the I-901 Form. The $200 fee can be paid through the website at Use a credit card and complete the online Form I-901.

For more  information please visit:


Call: (818) 280-4898

Fax: (818) 548-5666


Contact form: Click here