Esthetician at ICBAS
Under the direct supervision of highly trained teachers, our students will learn to use a full range of the latest facial equipment accurate skin analysis and skin care treatments for various skin types. Anatomy, facials, chemical peels,. makeup, eyebrow shaping, and waxing are among the important topics taught in an actual spa setting. Classes also include complete hands-on application techniques for corrective makeup and false eyelashes.
- Industry leaders are invited on monthly bases to share their knowledge and demonstrate new techniques!
- Advanced classes are available
The curriculum for students enrolled in a esthetician course shall consist of six hundred (600) clock hours of technical instruction and practical operations covering all practices of a esthetician, pursuant to Section 7354 of the Cosmetology Act. For the purpose of this section, technical instruction shall mean instruction by demonstration, lecture classroom participation, or examination. Practical operation shall mean the actual performance by the student of a complete service on another person.
*Please note 170 hours will be devoted to clinic/theory experience which shall include all phases of being a Esthetician.
Esthetician Performance Objectives
Acquire knowledge of laws and rules regulating California esthetician establishments’ practices, acquire the knowledge of sanitation and sterilization as related to all phases of skin care, acquire the knowledge of general theory relative to Esthetics including anatomy, physiology, chemistry theory and acquire business management techniques common to Esthetics Business Establishments.
Esthetician Course Goals
- To successfully acquire the knowledge of the laws and rules regulating California esthetician establishments’ practices.
- To successfully acquire the knowledge of sterilization procedures.
- To successfully acquire knowledge of the general theory relative to Esthetics, including anatomy, physiology, chemistry, and theory relative to practical procedures performed.
- To successfully acquire business management techniques which are common to the esthetician